Fatal Accident Blocks 26th Street Off-Ramp
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A fatal accident closed the 26th Street off-ramp of westbound Highway 50 Wednesday morning, CHP says.
The accident happened around 6:22 a.m. According to a press release from California Highway Patrol, a Nissan 350z went up on the embankment and hit a concrete bridge pillar. The impact of the crash looks to have trapped the 45-year-old driver inside.
A large amount of smoke was reportedly seen coming from the car — which was badly damaged — shortly after the crash.
Authorities believe that speed contributed to the crash. Anyone who saw the crash is asked to call CHP at (916)681-2300.
The off-ramp was reopened around 8:35 a.m.