Fatal Accident Blocks 26th Street Off-Ramp
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A fatal accident closed the 26th Street off-ramp of westbound Highway 50 Wednesday morning, CHP says.
The accident happened around 6:22 a.m. According to a press release from California Highway Patrol, a Nissan 350z went up on the embankment and hit a concrete bridge pillar. The impact of the crash looks to have trapped the 45-year-old driver inside.
A large amount of smoke was reportedly seen coming from the car — which was badly damaged — shortly after the crash.
Authorities believe that speed contributed to the crash. Anyone who saw the crash is asked to call CHP at (916)681-2300.
The off-ramp was reopened around 8:35 a.m.