Fatal Accident Blocks 26th Street Off-Ramp
Don't Miss This
- Family Vacation Turns Into Nightmare When Hurricane Odile Leaves Them Stranded In Cabo
- Puddles At The Dog Park: Owners Say Roseville Parks Department Overwatering Grass
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A fatal accident closed the 26th Street off-ramp of westbound Highway 50 Wednesday morning, CHP says.
The accident happened around 6:22 a.m. According to a press release from California Highway Patrol, a Nissan 350z went up on the embankment and hit a concrete bridge pillar. The impact of the crash looks to have trapped the 45-year-old driver inside.
A large amount of smoke was reportedly seen coming from the car — which was badly damaged — shortly after the crash.
Authorities believe that speed contributed to the crash. Anyone who saw the crash is asked to call CHP at (916)681-2300.
The off-ramp was reopened around 8:35 a.m.