Hillary Clinton: Putin’s Actions In Ukraine Reminiscent Of Hitler In 1930s
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says Russian President Vladimir Putin is a tough guy with a thin skin who is squandering his country’s potential.
She also says his actions on the Crimean peninsula of Ukraine threaten stability in the region.
Her remarks Wednesday at the University of California, Los Angeles, came a day after the potential 2016 presidential contender likened Putin’s actions to those of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.
Putin contends ethnic Russians in Ukraine need to be protected. Clinton said in Long Beach Tuesday that’s what Hitler did when he maintained ethnic Germans in places such as Czechoslovakia and Romania needed to be protected.
Clinton said at UCLA she wasn’t making a direct comparison although Russia’s actions were “reminiscent” of claims Germany made in the 1930s.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.