Third-Graders At Sonora School Caught With Pot
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SONORA (AP) — Police in a Central California city are trying to determine how three third-graders caught smoking marijuana got the drug.
Sonora Police Chief Mark Stinson says the two 8-year-olds and a 9-year-old were discovered by another student last week at Sonora Elementary School. Superintendent Leigh Shampain told KPIX-TV the students were smoking in a school bathroom.
The student who found the smokers told school officials, who contacted police. The third-graders were released to their parents.
Stinson said on Wednesday police were looking into whether someone supplied the drug to the kids.
He said they were the youngest pot smokers he had encountered in his 33 years in law enforcement.
KPIX-TV said Shampain would not discuss how the third-graders might be disciplined.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.