Third-Graders At Sonora School Caught With Pot
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SONORA (AP) — Police in a Central California city are trying to determine how three third-graders caught smoking marijuana got the drug.
Sonora Police Chief Mark Stinson says the two 8-year-olds and a 9-year-old were discovered by another student last week at Sonora Elementary School. Superintendent Leigh Shampain told KPIX-TV the students were smoking in a school bathroom.
The student who found the smokers told school officials, who contacted police. The third-graders were released to their parents.
Stinson said on Wednesday police were looking into whether someone supplied the drug to the kids.
He said they were the youngest pot smokers he had encountered in his 33 years in law enforcement.
KPIX-TV said Shampain would not discuss how the third-graders might be disciplined.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.