Bret Harte High School Put On Temporary Lockdown
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
ANGELS CAMP (CBS13) – A report about an armed person on campus sent Bret Harte High School on lockdown Thursday morning, authorities say.
Law enforcement officers were already on campus for the “Every 15 Minutes” program when dispatchers got an anonymous call about a possible armed person at the Bret Harte campus, Angels Camp Police say.
The call came around 9:10 a.m. and the school was immediately placed on lockdown as Angels Camp Police, Calaveras Sheriff’s Department deputies and California Highway Patrol officers scoured the campus for any possible threats.
A search of the campus turned up nothing and the school eventually returned to its normal schedule.
Angels Camp Police note that while the call may have been a prank, authorities will always take such threats seriously.
Anyone with information about the identity of the caller is asked to call Angels Camp Police at (209) 736-2567.