Bret Harte High School Put On Temporary Lockdown
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ANGELS CAMP (CBS13) – A report about an armed person on campus sent Bret Harte High School on lockdown Thursday morning, authorities say.
Law enforcement officers were already on campus for the “Every 15 Minutes” program when dispatchers got an anonymous call about a possible armed person at the Bret Harte campus, Angels Camp Police say.
The call came around 9:10 a.m. and the school was immediately placed on lockdown as Angels Camp Police, Calaveras Sheriff’s Department deputies and California Highway Patrol officers scoured the campus for any possible threats.
A search of the campus turned up nothing and the school eventually returned to its normal schedule.
Angels Camp Police note that while the call may have been a prank, authorities will always take such threats seriously.
Anyone with information about the identity of the caller is asked to call Angels Camp Police at (209) 736-2567.