Bret Harte High School Put On Temporary Lockdown
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ANGELS CAMP (CBS13) – A report about an armed person on campus sent Bret Harte High School on lockdown Thursday morning, authorities say.
Law enforcement officers were already on campus for the “Every 15 Minutes” program when dispatchers got an anonymous call about a possible armed person at the Bret Harte campus, Angels Camp Police say.
The call came around 9:10 a.m. and the school was immediately placed on lockdown as Angels Camp Police, Calaveras Sheriff’s Department deputies and California Highway Patrol officers scoured the campus for any possible threats.
A search of the campus turned up nothing and the school eventually returned to its normal schedule.
Angels Camp Police note that while the call may have been a prank, authorities will always take such threats seriously.
Anyone with information about the identity of the caller is asked to call Angels Camp Police at (209) 736-2567.