CHP: Metal Thieves Hitting Highway Construction Sites
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – After two costly incidents, authorities have found that metal thieves are now targeting highway construction sites.
At some point between March 4 and 5, thieves managed to take off with over 1,000 feet of copper wiring from a construction site along Highway 99, near Highway 120. Further, about $100,000 worth of damage was done to the site.
Then, on March 6, California Highway Patrol officers found that about $12,000 worth of rebar was stolen from a site along I-5 near Benjamin Holt Drive. Authorities believe that the theft happened at some point between Feb. 14 and March 1.
Investigators are seeking anyone who has any knowledge about the thefts to call the CHP’s Stockton Area division at (209) 943-8666.