CHP: Metal Thieves Hitting Highway Construction Sites
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – After two costly incidents, authorities have found that metal thieves are now targeting highway construction sites.
At some point between March 4 and 5, thieves managed to take off with over 1,000 feet of copper wiring from a construction site along Highway 99, near Highway 120. Further, about $100,000 worth of damage was done to the site.
Then, on March 6, California Highway Patrol officers found that about $12,000 worth of rebar was stolen from a site along I-5 near Benjamin Holt Drive. Authorities believe that the theft happened at some point between Feb. 14 and March 1.
Investigators are seeking anyone who has any knowledge about the thefts to call the CHP’s Stockton Area division at (209) 943-8666.