Dixon Couple Gives Birth Traveling 80 MPH Down Highway
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) — A Dixon couple welcomed their baby traveling 80 miles an hour down the highway.
Jeremey Edson was rushing his wife Rhiannon to Sutter Hospital in Roseville when her contractions began. But baby Avery was not willing to wait.
The couple didn’t make it past Davis when he heard something he wasn’t quite ready for.
“She was like, ‘The head is out.’ ‘What do you mean the head is out?’ he said. “A minute after that, another contraction, and another big yell, and it’s out.”
Jeremey says by the time he pulled over in the Nugget parking lot, his wife was holding their newborn child.
“I don’t know. I knew everything was OK. [The baby] was fine,” she said “[Jeremey] was freaking out.”
Sutter Hospital says they have had babies born in cars before, but haven’t heard of one coming while Dad was speeding down the highway.
The couple says this is a story they can’t wait to tell baby Avery someday.