Dixon Couple Gives Birth Traveling 80 MPH Down Highway
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) — A Dixon couple welcomed their baby traveling 80 miles an hour down the highway.
Jeremey Edson was rushing his wife Rhiannon to Sutter Hospital in Roseville when her contractions began. But baby Avery was not willing to wait.
The couple didn’t make it past Davis when he heard something he wasn’t quite ready for.
“She was like, ‘The head is out.’ ‘What do you mean the head is out?’ he said. “A minute after that, another contraction, and another big yell, and it’s out.”
Jeremey says by the time he pulled over in the Nugget parking lot, his wife was holding their newborn child.
“I don’t know. I knew everything was OK. [The baby] was fine,” she said “[Jeremey] was freaking out.”
Sutter Hospital says they have had babies born in cars before, but haven’t heard of one coming while Dad was speeding down the highway.
The couple says this is a story they can’t wait to tell baby Avery someday.