Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that has taken the life of one man.
The fatal collision happened along the 300 block of S. El Dorado Street, according to the Stockton Police Department.
A man was said to have been walking along the street, only to be hit by a car that kept on driving. The driver hit a car at El Dorado and Alpine Avenue before he backed up into an officer’s patrol car at El Dorado and March Lane.
A witness reportedly followed the suspect car and fed police information on where he was headed.
The driver of the car, identified as 48-year-old Rodney Van Dunk, has been arrested on vehicular manslaughter and hit-and-run charges.
Police are investigating if the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collisions.