Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that has taken the life of one man.
The fatal collision happened along the 300 block of S. El Dorado Street, according to the Stockton Police Department.
A man was said to have been walking along the street, only to be hit by a car that kept on driving. The driver hit a car at El Dorado and Alpine Avenue before he backed up into an officer’s patrol car at El Dorado and March Lane.
A witness reportedly followed the suspect car and fed police information on where he was headed.
The driver of the car, identified as 48-year-old Rodney Van Dunk, has been arrested on vehicular manslaughter and hit-and-run charges.
Police are investigating if the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collisions.