Police Shoot And Kill Armed Man On Light Rail Train
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting that happened on a light rail train.
No officers were injured in the shooting, but one man suffered fatal injuries, Michelle Gigante with the Sacramento Police Department said.
Police say they were called to the train just after 9 p.m. Saturday on reports of a passenger threatening to commit suicide. The train stopped at R and 13th Streets and three Sacramento Police Department officers boarded to investigate.
Two officers tried to use their Conducted Energy Device against the man, but their weapons did not subdue him. Soon, the man lunged at them with a knife, forcing two officers to shoot him.
The man was taken to the UC Davis Medical Center where he later died from his injuries, police say.
Witnesses on the train at the time are being interviewed about the incident. The three officers who responded to the incident have been placed on paid administrative leave, per department policy after any officer-involved shooting.