Sac State Men’s Basketball Qualifies For Big Sky Tournament
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (AP) — Mikh McKinney scored 19 points and grabbed six rebounds as Sacramento State stomped Montana State 84-59 on Saturday night in the regular season finale for both teams.
Cody Demps had 17 points and four rebounds for the Hornets (14-15, 10-10 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity and Eric Stuteville had 12 points apiece and Nick Hornsby added 10.
Terrell Brown led the Bobcats (14-17, 9-11) with 15 points and five rebounds.
Sacramento State went 18-8 to start the first half and led 38-21 at the break. The Hornets continued to dominate in the second half and McKinney hit a pair of 3-pointers and two layups in the stretch to seal the win.
The win qualifies Sacramento State for the Big Sky tournament for the first time since 2006. The Hornets will get the No. 7 seed and play No. 2 seed North Dakota in the quarterfinals on Thursday in Ogden, Utah.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.