Sac State Men’s Basketball Qualifies For Big Sky Tournament
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (AP) — Mikh McKinney scored 19 points and grabbed six rebounds as Sacramento State stomped Montana State 84-59 on Saturday night in the regular season finale for both teams.
Cody Demps had 17 points and four rebounds for the Hornets (14-15, 10-10 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity and Eric Stuteville had 12 points apiece and Nick Hornsby added 10.
Terrell Brown led the Bobcats (14-17, 9-11) with 15 points and five rebounds.
Sacramento State went 18-8 to start the first half and led 38-21 at the break. The Hornets continued to dominate in the second half and McKinney hit a pair of 3-pointers and two layups in the stretch to seal the win.
The win qualifies Sacramento State for the Big Sky tournament for the first time since 2006. The Hornets will get the No. 7 seed and play No. 2 seed North Dakota in the quarterfinals on Thursday in Ogden, Utah.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.