Sac State Men’s Basketball Qualifies For Big Sky Tournament
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (AP) — Mikh McKinney scored 19 points and grabbed six rebounds as Sacramento State stomped Montana State 84-59 on Saturday night in the regular season finale for both teams.
Cody Demps had 17 points and four rebounds for the Hornets (14-15, 10-10 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity and Eric Stuteville had 12 points apiece and Nick Hornsby added 10.
Terrell Brown led the Bobcats (14-17, 9-11) with 15 points and five rebounds.
Sacramento State went 18-8 to start the first half and led 38-21 at the break. The Hornets continued to dominate in the second half and McKinney hit a pair of 3-pointers and two layups in the stretch to seal the win.
The win qualifies Sacramento State for the Big Sky tournament for the first time since 2006. The Hornets will get the No. 7 seed and play No. 2 seed North Dakota in the quarterfinals on Thursday in Ogden, Utah.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.