Teen Hit By Train In Galt Dies
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
GALT (CBS13) – A Galt teen has died after being hit by a train Friday night.
The incident happened along the train tracks near C and 4th Streets. Emergency crews were called to scene around 8:20 p.m. after a report of someone being hit by a moving train.
Once at the scene, crews found that a 14-year-old boy had been hit. He was taken to the Kaiser South in Sacramento for advanced medical treatment, but police announced Saturday that the teen had died.
Galt Police believe the incident to be accidental, the department tells CBS13. Union Pacific officials say that it looks as if the teen was trespassing on the company’s property along with three others. The teen was hit as he tried to run across the track in front of a train, Union Pacific says.
The Union Pacific Police Department is heading the investigation into the incident.