Teen Hit By Train In Galt Dies
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
GALT (CBS13) – A Galt teen has died after being hit by a train Friday night.
The incident happened along the train tracks near C and 4th Streets. Emergency crews were called to scene around 8:20 p.m. after a report of someone being hit by a moving train.
Once at the scene, crews found that a 14-year-old boy had been hit. He was taken to the Kaiser South in Sacramento for advanced medical treatment, but police announced Saturday that the teen had died.
Galt Police believe the incident to be accidental, the department tells CBS13. Union Pacific officials say that it looks as if the teen was trespassing on the company’s property along with three others. The teen was hit as he tried to run across the track in front of a train, Union Pacific says.
The Union Pacific Police Department is heading the investigation into the incident.