Teen Hit By Train In Galt Dies
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
GALT (CBS13) – A Galt teen has died after being hit by a train Friday night.
The incident happened along the train tracks near C and 4th Streets. Emergency crews were called to scene around 8:20 p.m. after a report of someone being hit by a moving train.
Once at the scene, crews found that a 14-year-old boy had been hit. He was taken to the Kaiser South in Sacramento for advanced medical treatment, but police announced Saturday that the teen had died.
Galt Police believe the incident to be accidental, the department tells CBS13. Union Pacific officials say that it looks as if the teen was trespassing on the company’s property along with three others. The teen was hit as he tried to run across the track in front of a train, Union Pacific says.
The Union Pacific Police Department is heading the investigation into the incident.