3 Detained After Wounding Of SFPD Officer
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Police say three people have been detained during a manhunt that followed the wounding of a San Francisco police officer.
Officer Gordon Shyy says that the arrests came early Sunday in the San Jose area following a car chase through three counties.
The 28-year-old police officer was shot and wounded Saturday afternoon.
The officer and his partner were checking out a report of vandalism in the Mission District around 2:45 p.m. when they spotted the suspect’s vehicle.
Shyy says that when he approached the vehicle, its driver backed up, prompting the officer’s partner who was on the passenger side to fire several rounds at the car before it sped off.
The shooting triggered an intense, hours-long search.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.