Falling Tree Kills Woman Driving On I-80 Near Vacaville
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – A woman has died after her car was crushed by a falling tree as she drove down I-80 Sunday.
The incident happened around 1:43 p.m. along westbound I-80 near the Cherry Glen Road off-ramp just outside of Vacaville. According to California Highway Patrol, the car was hit by a falling tree, then continued on for about a fourth of a mile before finally crashing into the center divide.
A windshield left behind on the roadway shows some of the damage.
The driver – identified as a 23-year-old woman from Oakland – was the only occupant in the car.
The tree that fell sits right along the highway. An early CHP report indicated that the land is not controlled by Caltrans and that Solano County and the City of Vacaville would be contacted to determine the owner.
Neither the county nor city answered calls from CBS13 Sunday night.
CHP issued a Sig Alert for the highway as traffic backed up all the way to Davis. The alert was canceled by 3:30 p.m.