Women Found Dead After Fire In El Dorado County Home Had Been Shot
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – The El Dorado Coroner’s Office says the two women found dead in a Placerville-area home Friday morning after it caught fire had died of gunshot wounds.
Today the coroner’s office also identified the second woman as 58-year-old Crystal Ann Ward. Carol Hague, 62, had previously been identified as one of the decedents.
The fire started at some point before 6 a.m. Friday and completely engulfed the home. Crews got the flames under control within 35 minutes, but not before the roof of the home collapsed.
What caused the fire and how the women were shot is still being investigated.