Broughty Cole Vigil Will Still Happen After Searchers Find Body In Sacramento River
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Searchers on the Sacramento River have found a body in the water close to the park where a missing man’s car was found last week.
The body has been identified as missing musician Broughty Cole. The search began after the vehicle of Cole, 28, was found at the Miller Park Marina last week.
Cole’s family says the vigil scheduled for tonight at 7 will still go on as planned.
Cole, a drummer, was reported missing on March 3 after he missed a gig in Sacramento and another in Nevada City. His car was found by a friend at Miller Park Marina, his sister told CBS13 Sunday. It was locked and looked to be undisturbed. Cole’s wallet, keys and cell phone were not inside.
No signs of foul play were seen, a family member said.
Sacramento Police Detectives coordinated the river search with assistance from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department’s Marine Unit and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.