Broughty Cole Vigil Will Still Happen After Searchers Find Body In Sacramento River
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Searchers on the Sacramento River have found a body in the water close to the park where a missing man’s car was found last week.
The body has been identified as missing musician Broughty Cole. The search began after the vehicle of Cole, 28, was found at the Miller Park Marina last week.
Cole’s family says the vigil scheduled for tonight at 7 will still go on as planned.
Cole, a drummer, was reported missing on March 3 after he missed a gig in Sacramento and another in Nevada City. His car was found by a friend at Miller Park Marina, his sister told CBS13 Sunday. It was locked and looked to be undisturbed. Cole’s wallet, keys and cell phone were not inside.
No signs of foul play were seen, a family member said.
Sacramento Police Detectives coordinated the river search with assistance from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department’s Marine Unit and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.