Attendance Key If Sacramento Wants Track Championships To Return
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – With the USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships hitting Sacramento for the first time in 10 years come June, organizers are promising to return a lot sooner if enough people show up at the gates.
Organizers say that as long as a total of 22,500 tickets are sold at this year’s event, Sacramento will be rewarded with hosting the 2017 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
Encouragingly for Sacramento, organizers noted that the 2000 and 2004 Olympic track and field trials were the best-attended trials in history.
The event is being held at Sacramento State’s Hornet Stadium, which will be seeing a $1.2 million upgrade to its track in order to host the event. Construction on the new track will begin in April.
For information on tickets, head over to sacsports.com.