Attendance Key If Sacramento Wants Track Championships To Return
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – With the USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships hitting Sacramento for the first time in 10 years come June, organizers are promising to return a lot sooner if enough people show up at the gates.
Organizers say that as long as a total of 22,500 tickets are sold at this year’s event, Sacramento will be rewarded with hosting the 2017 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
Encouragingly for Sacramento, organizers noted that the 2000 and 2004 Olympic track and field trials were the best-attended trials in history.
The event is being held at Sacramento State’s Hornet Stadium, which will be seeing a $1.2 million upgrade to its track in order to host the event. Construction on the new track will begin in April.
For information on tickets, head over to sacsports.com.