Citrus Heights Home Invasion Robbery Suspect Arrested
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A parolee is under arrest after he allegedly attacked a homeowner during a botched home invasion robbery over the weekend.
Citrus Heights Police say that 28-year-old Christopher Oerding was burglarizing a home along the 6500 block of Pacheco Way around 9:40 a.m. Saturday when the homeowner confronted him. Oerding is said to have attacked the homeowner and ran out of the home.
The homeowner chased after him, however, and was able to direct police to the 7600 block of Community Drive. There, a woman screaming for help helped officers converge on the home where Oerding was holding up.
Oerding tried to run away again, but officers soon caught up to him and took him into custody.
Police say that stolen property was found with Oerding and in his backpack. Oerding is now being held at Sacramento County Jail on felony robbery and burglary charges, along with a violation of his parole.