Citrus Heights Home Invasion Robbery Suspect Arrested
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A parolee is under arrest after he allegedly attacked a homeowner during a botched home invasion robbery over the weekend.
Citrus Heights Police say that 28-year-old Christopher Oerding was burglarizing a home along the 6500 block of Pacheco Way around 9:40 a.m. Saturday when the homeowner confronted him. Oerding is said to have attacked the homeowner and ran out of the home.
The homeowner chased after him, however, and was able to direct police to the 7600 block of Community Drive. There, a woman screaming for help helped officers converge on the home where Oerding was holding up.
Oerding tried to run away again, but officers soon caught up to him and took him into custody.
Police say that stolen property was found with Oerding and in his backpack. Oerding is now being held at Sacramento County Jail on felony robbery and burglary charges, along with a violation of his parole.