Fairfield Man Arrested After Allegedly Biting Off Infant Son’s Nose
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Fairfield Police arrested a father accused of biting off his infant son’s nose because the child was crying on Thursday.
Joseph Cooper, 18 of Fairfield, is accused of child cruelty and aggravated mayhem.
Officers arrived at a home on Alaska Avenue where Cooper, the child’s 17-year-old mother and other family members were.
When they arrived, the officers found a 1-month-old infant bleeding from the face. The infant was taken in for medical treatment, where staff at Oakland Children’s Hospital discovered one-third of the child’s nose had been severed. In addition, the infant suffered a skull fracture and a brain hemorrhage.
The infant is currently in stable condition
Investigators later found Cooper attacked the infant, because he was crying.