New Walmart Neighborhood Market To Open In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market will be setting up shop in south Sacramento, Wal-Mart Stores announced Thursday.
The new is store, which will be built at Southgate Plaza at the intersection of Florin Road and Franklin Boulevard, plans to open its doors by summer 2015.
The store will be hiring about 95 associates.
Interestingly, the store will be opening up in the shell of a former Walmart location. The old Walmart location closed down once the new Walmart Supercenter opened up just down the street, on the other side of Highway 99.
Walmart Neighborhood Markets are traditional, supermarket-style grocery stores, featuring prepared foods, fresh-baked breads and organic foods.
The store will be about one-third the size of a Walmart Supercenter.