New Walmart Neighborhood Market To Open In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market will be setting up shop in south Sacramento, Wal-Mart Stores announced Thursday.
The new is store, which will be built at Southgate Plaza at the intersection of Florin Road and Franklin Boulevard, plans to open its doors by summer 2015.
The store will be hiring about 95 associates.
Interestingly, the store will be opening up in the shell of a former Walmart location. The old Walmart location closed down once the new Walmart Supercenter opened up just down the street, on the other side of Highway 99.
Walmart Neighborhood Markets are traditional, supermarket-style grocery stores, featuring prepared foods, fresh-baked breads and organic foods.
The store will be about one-third the size of a Walmart Supercenter.