Odor Forces Evacuation Of Modesto School
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – An undetermined smell caused a Modesto special needs school to be evacuated Friday.
Crews from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority showed up to The Kendall Center/Therapeutic Pathways building along 14th Street a little before noon after several staff members started complaining about breathing problems.
The situation forced crews to evacuate the staff and students to a nearby church while investigators tried to figure out the source of the smell.
With the situation elevating to a level 3 hazardous materials response, firefighters entered the building in protective suits to find the source of the smell. Air samples were taken, but the exact cause of the odor could not be found.
The scene brought out crews from Mountain Valley EMS, AMR Ambulance and Modesto Police.
Students are being sent home for the day.