Odor Forces Evacuation Of Modesto School
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – An undetermined smell caused a Modesto special needs school to be evacuated Friday.
Crews from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority showed up to The Kendall Center/Therapeutic Pathways building along 14th Street a little before noon after several staff members started complaining about breathing problems.
The situation forced crews to evacuate the staff and students to a nearby church while investigators tried to figure out the source of the smell.
With the situation elevating to a level 3 hazardous materials response, firefighters entered the building in protective suits to find the source of the smell. Air samples were taken, but the exact cause of the odor could not be found.
The scene brought out crews from Mountain Valley EMS, AMR Ambulance and Modesto Police.
Students are being sent home for the day.