Odor Forces Evacuation Of Modesto School
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – An undetermined smell caused a Modesto special needs school to be evacuated Friday.
Crews from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority showed up to The Kendall Center/Therapeutic Pathways building along 14th Street a little before noon after several staff members started complaining about breathing problems.
The situation forced crews to evacuate the staff and students to a nearby church while investigators tried to figure out the source of the smell.
With the situation elevating to a level 3 hazardous materials response, firefighters entered the building in protective suits to find the source of the smell. Air samples were taken, but the exact cause of the odor could not be found.
The scene brought out crews from Mountain Valley EMS, AMR Ambulance and Modesto Police.
Students are being sent home for the day.