Odor Forces Evacuation Of Modesto School
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – An undetermined smell caused a Modesto special needs school to be evacuated Friday.
Crews from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority showed up to The Kendall Center/Therapeutic Pathways building along 14th Street a little before noon after several staff members started complaining about breathing problems.
The situation forced crews to evacuate the staff and students to a nearby church while investigators tried to figure out the source of the smell.
With the situation elevating to a level 3 hazardous materials response, firefighters entered the building in protective suits to find the source of the smell. Air samples were taken, but the exact cause of the odor could not be found.
The scene brought out crews from Mountain Valley EMS, AMR Ambulance and Modesto Police.
Students are being sent home for the day.