First New Folsom Dam Gate Delivered
FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- Folsom Lake Closer To Average Levels, But Lack Of Rain Concerns Water Experts
- Dike Failure Worries Prompt Major Repairs Near Folsom Lake
- Ahead Of Strong Storm, Folsom Lake Levels Higher Than Last Year
- Home-By-Home Water Rationing May Be Spreading If California’s Drought Worsens
- Roseville Woman Searching For Service Dog Lost At Folsom Lake