First New Folsom Dam Gate Delivered
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- Roseville Woman Searching For Service Dog Lost At Folsom Lake
- Body Of Missing Man In El Dorado County Found In American River
- Business Drying Up Near Folsom Lake As Drought Shrinks Reservoir
- Coroner: Drowning Not Cause Of Folsom Lake Boating Accident Victims Deaths
- Fourth Man Pulled From Folsom Lake Identified