FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- Speed Limit Lifted As Folsom Lake Levels Rise Above 400 Feet
- Mormon Island Bridge Resurfaces At Folsom Lake
- With Folsom Dam Releases Increasing, Officials Warning To Stay Away From Rising Waterways
- Folsom Dam Releasing Water At Rates Not Seen Since 2012
- Folsom Lake Water Level Rises Above Historical Average