FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- Don’t Expect To See Folsom Lake Auxiliary Spillway In Action This Year
- In Total Darkness, Man Leads Authorities On Boat Chase At Folsom Lake
- 5 Teens Injured In Flash Explosion On Folsom Lake
- Folsom Lake Filled With Debris, Boating Difficult For Visitors
- CHP, Lifeguards Team Up For Life-Saving Training At Folsom Lake