FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- Folsom Lake Water Level Reaches New All-Time Low
- Human Remains Found At Folsom Lake Provide Glimmer Of Hope To Families Of Missing
- Police: Human Skeletal Remains Found At Folsom Lake
- Rep. Ami Bera Tours Folsom Lake While Touting Support For Sites Reservoir Plan
- Projects Will Make San Juan Water District Less Reliant On Folsom Lake In Drought