First New Folsom Dam Gate Delivered
FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) – Rolling lane closures and a California Highway Patrol escort signaled the arrival of one of Folsom Dam’s new spillway gates.
The first of 12 pieces was delivered overnight Friday. Its trek stretched from Oregon Iron Works near Portland to Folsom — a 600-mile trip.
On Thursday night, the gate, which had already made its way to Dunnigan in Yolo County, made its way down Interstate 5, eventually moving east onto Interstate 80 and then onto Madison Avenue to Folsom Lake. By early Friday morning, the 212,000-pound gate had arrived.
All the pieces are expected to take two weeks to arrive.
- California Lake Mysteriously Runs Dry Overnight, Killing Thousands Of Fish
- Work Begins On Barge To Pump Water From Folsom Lake If Water Level Gets Too Low
- Barge Aims To Prevent Folsom Lake From Becoming Dead Pool
- Feds Cutting Folsom Lake Water Flows In Half As It Nears ‘Dead Pool’ Level
- Barge Part Of Plan To Keep Water Flowing From Folsom Lake During California Drought