Pair Arrested After Girl, 4, Found Alone In Casino
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SANTA YNEZ (AP) — The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department says two parents have been arrested after they left their 4-year-old daughter in the car while they gambled.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Kelly Hoover said Thursday the child was later found wandering through the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez.
Twenty-eight-year-old Petra Zaragoza and 23-year-old Bulmaro Reyes were arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.
Hoover said in a statement that the couple stopped at the casino 30 miles northwest of Santa Barbara at about noon on Tuesday and left the girl sleeping in the car while they went inside.
She says the child was seen leaving the car and looking for her parents about 10 minutes later.
An after-hours message left with the department to see whether they had hired an attorney was not immediately returned.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.