Pair Arrested After Girl, 4, Found Alone In Casino
Don't Miss This
- Santa Delivers Presents To Stockton Boy And Class After ‘Getting Lost’ Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SANTA YNEZ (AP) — The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department says two parents have been arrested after they left their 4-year-old daughter in the car while they gambled.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Kelly Hoover said Thursday the child was later found wandering through the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez.
Twenty-eight-year-old Petra Zaragoza and 23-year-old Bulmaro Reyes were arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.
Hoover said in a statement that the couple stopped at the casino 30 miles northwest of Santa Barbara at about noon on Tuesday and left the girl sleeping in the car while they went inside.
She says the child was seen leaving the car and looking for her parents about 10 minutes later.
An after-hours message left with the department to see whether they had hired an attorney was not immediately returned.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.