Yuba City Police Kill Man In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police say they were forced to shoot and kill a man who wouldn’t put down his weapon.
The incident happened a little before 10 p.m. Thursday, Yuba City police say. Officers were reportedly called to the 2900 block of Hillview Drive on reports about a man threatening his neighbors.
Responding officers knocked at the man’s door and he answered, holding a gun.
Police say the man refused to put his gun down, so the officers ran for cover. The man reportedly continued to refuse the officer’s commands, so the officers opened fire.
The man fired back, police say, and moved to the east side of his home. He continued to fire as more officers showed up, but he was soon shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released.