Yuba City Police Kill Man In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police say they were forced to shoot and kill a man who wouldn’t put down his weapon.
The incident happened a little before 10 p.m. Thursday, Yuba City police say. Officers were reportedly called to the 2900 block of Hillview Drive on reports about a man threatening his neighbors.
Responding officers knocked at the man’s door and he answered, holding a gun.
Police say the man refused to put his gun down, so the officers ran for cover. The man reportedly continued to refuse the officer’s commands, so the officers opened fire.
The man fired back, police say, and moved to the east side of his home. He continued to fire as more officers showed up, but he was soon shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released.