Yuba City Police Kill Man In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police say they were forced to shoot and kill a man who wouldn’t put down his weapon.
The incident happened a little before 10 p.m. Thursday, Yuba City police say. Officers were reportedly called to the 2900 block of Hillview Drive on reports about a man threatening his neighbors.
Responding officers knocked at the man’s door and he answered, holding a gun.
Police say the man refused to put his gun down, so the officers ran for cover. The man reportedly continued to refuse the officer’s commands, so the officers opened fire.
The man fired back, police say, and moved to the east side of his home. He continued to fire as more officers showed up, but he was soon shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released.