Yuba City Police Kill Man In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police say they were forced to shoot and kill a man who wouldn’t put down his weapon.
The incident happened a little before 10 p.m. Thursday, Yuba City police say. Officers were reportedly called to the 2900 block of Hillview Drive on reports about a man threatening his neighbors.
Responding officers knocked at the man’s door and he answered, holding a gun.
Police say the man refused to put his gun down, so the officers ran for cover. The man reportedly continued to refuse the officer’s commands, so the officers opened fire.
The man fired back, police say, and moved to the east side of his home. He continued to fire as more officers showed up, but he was soon shot and pronounced dead at the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released.