3 Taken To Hospital After Shooting In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It has been a violent few days in the Sacramento area. Another shooting Saturday night has three more people hospitalized with gunshot wounds.
Sacramento Police officers showed up at an apartment complex near Mack Road and Summersdale Drive just after 8:30 p.m. to investigate a shooting. At the scene, they found three men had been shot.
All three have been taken to the hospital for treatment. One man is in critical condition with a wound to the upper body, while the other two have injuries that aren’t expected to be life-threatening.
The shootings happened in front of an apartment. Drugs were found on the ground at the scene, police say.
In total, there have been four shootings in Sacramento and Sacramento County since Friday, with a total of 10 victims. One person died in a shooting along the 7000 block of Rock Creek Way Friday night. Earlier Friday night, three people were shot in a drive-by along Thurman Way.
Then, early Saturday morning, a woman suffering from a gunshot wound knocked at a person’s door along the 7200 block of Gloria Drive. She was rushed to the hospital and investigators are trying to piece together what happened.