Family Party Interrupted By Gunfire; 1 Dead, 2 Hurt
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say that one man is dead and two others are recovering after a shooting in south Sacramento late Friday night.
Sacramento Police Officers were called to a home along the 7000 block of Rock Creek Way a little before 11:30 p.m. after getting reports about a shooting that left multiple people hurt. At the scene, a man in his 30s was found the backyard, shot. He was soon pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other men were found to have been shot, but their wounds are said to be non-life threatening. They have been taken to the hospital and are recovering.
Investigators believe that a man rolled up in a car, got out and opened fire into a garage where a family party was going on. The man then got back in his car and sped off.
No specific motive for the shooting has been established yet, Sacramento Police say. Gang detectives are reportedly helping with the investigation, but police have not said if the shooting is gang-related.
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 264-5471.