1 Dead After Shooting Near Home Depot
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A person is dead after a shooting near the Home Depot along the 4600 block of Florin Road, Lisa Bowman with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department says.
The shooting happened around 7:40 p.m., Bowman says. A man in his 40s was apparently putting away some items he just bought from the store into his car when another car drove by and opened fire. At least one round was fired and the other car sped off, leaving the man with a fatal wound.
Fire crews who responded pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to figure out if the shooting was random or if the man was targeted. Bowman noted that investigators are looking into the possibility that some sort of altercation took place inside the store before the shooting.
The incident marked the 7th shooting since Friday for the Sacramento area — and one of three shootings Sunday. The two other Sunday night shootings happened along 34th and 35th Streets within minutes of each other Sunday night around 8 p.m. Two men were shot on 34th Street, while another man was shot along 35th.
With Sunday’s shootings, the total number of people shot in Sacramento and the immediate Sacramento County area raises to 14 since Friday. Two of those 14 injured have died.
Information on the other shootings can be found here: