Fairfield Man Hit, Killed While Crossing Street
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man crossing the street was hit and killed by a large pickup truck Sunday morning, Fairfield Police say.
The man was crossing West Texas Street at the intersection of Fifth Street around 9:30 a.m. when he was hit, according to a release from the Fairfield Police Department. Witnesses at the scene called 911 as soon as they saw the accident.
Officers who arrived at the scene found that the 62-year-old man had suffered major head trauma. Witnesses soon told police that the man was hit by a Chevy 2500 truck that was turning east onto West Texas Street. The man was in a marked crosswalk when he was hit.
The man, whose identity is not being released at this time, was taken to the hospital but later died from his injuries.
Investigators do not believe that alcohol was a factor in the crash and the driver of the truck, a 57-year-old man from Fairfield, has not been arrested. Fairfield Police are still investigating the incident and are asking anyone with more information to call them at (707) 428-7300.