Fairfield Man Hit, Killed While Crossing Street
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man crossing the street was hit and killed by a large pickup truck Sunday morning, Fairfield Police say.
The man was crossing West Texas Street at the intersection of Fifth Street around 9:30 a.m. when he was hit, according to a release from the Fairfield Police Department. Witnesses at the scene called 911 as soon as they saw the accident.
Officers who arrived at the scene found that the 62-year-old man had suffered major head trauma. Witnesses soon told police that the man was hit by a Chevy 2500 truck that was turning east onto West Texas Street. The man was in a marked crosswalk when he was hit.
The man, whose identity is not being released at this time, was taken to the hospital but later died from his injuries.
Investigators do not believe that alcohol was a factor in the crash and the driver of the truck, a 57-year-old man from Fairfield, has not been arrested. Fairfield Police are still investigating the incident and are asking anyone with more information to call them at (707) 428-7300.