Possible Human Remains Found Near CA Brush Fire
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
GORMAN, Calif. (AP) — Detectives were investigating a possible homicide after remains that appeared to be a human skull and a shoe were found near a wildfire in northern Los Angeles County.
Sheriff’s Deputy Amber Smith said CalFire workers discovered the remains Saturday morning in a ravine near blaze in Gorman.
She said investigators have not determined the remains were related to the fire.
The coroner’s office will determine if the remains are human and, if so, the identity of the deceased.
The fire broke out Friday afternoon through tinder-dry ranchland and threatened two homes.
City News Service it was 85 percent contained late Saturday.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)