Possible Human Remains Found Near CA Brush Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
GORMAN, Calif. (AP) — Detectives were investigating a possible homicide after remains that appeared to be a human skull and a shoe were found near a wildfire in northern Los Angeles County.
Sheriff’s Deputy Amber Smith said CalFire workers discovered the remains Saturday morning in a ravine near blaze in Gorman.
She said investigators have not determined the remains were related to the fire.
The coroner’s office will determine if the remains are human and, if so, the identity of the deceased.
The fire broke out Friday afternoon through tinder-dry ranchland and threatened two homes.
City News Service it was 85 percent contained late Saturday.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)