Sacramento Wins Tentative Ruling For K Street Property In Arena Path
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento’s effort to build a downtown arena is one step closer after a judge sided with the city in an eminent domain case.
The land that was once home to the Macy’s Men’s Store at 600 K Street will go to the city after a judge’s tentative ruling.
The owners of the land claim the property along L Street is worth $10 million, but the city values the parcel at just $4 million.
A final decision will be heard next week, but the ruling is a victor for the city, as it can take over the land and begin work on the arena.