Sacramento Wins Tentative Ruling For K Street Property In Arena Path
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento’s effort to build a downtown arena is one step closer after a judge sided with the city in an eminent domain case.
The land that was once home to the Macy’s Men’s Store at 600 K Street will go to the city after a judge’s tentative ruling.
The owners of the land claim the property along L Street is worth $10 million, but the city values the parcel at just $4 million.
A final decision will be heard next week, but the ruling is a victor for the city, as it can take over the land and begin work on the arena.