Sacramento Wins Tentative Ruling For K Street Property In Arena Path
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento’s effort to build a downtown arena is one step closer after a judge sided with the city in an eminent domain case.
The land that was once home to the Macy’s Men’s Store at 600 K Street will go to the city after a judge’s tentative ruling.
The owners of the land claim the property along L Street is worth $10 million, but the city values the parcel at just $4 million.
A final decision will be heard next week, but the ruling is a victor for the city, as it can take over the land and begin work on the arena.