Sacramento Wins Tentative Ruling For K Street Property In Arena Path
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento’s effort to build a downtown arena is one step closer after a judge sided with the city in an eminent domain case.
The land that was once home to the Macy’s Men’s Store at 600 K Street will go to the city after a judge’s tentative ruling.
The owners of the land claim the property along L Street is worth $10 million, but the city values the parcel at just $4 million.
A final decision will be heard next week, but the ruling is a victor for the city, as it can take over the land and begin work on the arena.