3 California Teens Accused Of Torture Plan
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13/AP) — Prosecutors say three Northern California teens who allegedly attempted to kidnap another teen planned to torture and sexually assault him.
The Appeal-Democrat of Marysville reports the three teens, 16-year-old Frank Oddo, Jacob Cadena and Jessy Murray, both 17, pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and other charges on Monday. They have been charged as adults.
Yuba County Undersheriff Jerry Read says the three lured the 17-year-old victim to a site in Marysville on Saturday on the pretext of a marijuana transaction and then forced him into an SUV using an Airsoft pistol. But the victim had called his aunt, who happened to show up. She followed the SUV and alerted authorities, who stopped the vehicle.
The attack was over a girl, the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department said in a release. The three suspects reportedly gave differing, graphic accounts as to what they intended to do to the boy during the kidnapping, but they admitted to authorities that they didn’t believe he would survive the ordeal.
TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or Redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.