3 California Teens Accused Of Torture Plan
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MARYSVILLE (CBS13/AP) — Prosecutors say three Northern California teens who allegedly attempted to kidnap another teen planned to torture and sexually assault him.
The Appeal-Democrat of Marysville reports the three teens, 16-year-old Frank Oddo, Jacob Cadena and Jessy Murray, both 17, pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and other charges on Monday. They have been charged as adults.
Yuba County Undersheriff Jerry Read says the three lured the 17-year-old victim to a site in Marysville on Saturday on the pretext of a marijuana transaction and then forced him into an SUV using an Airsoft pistol. But the victim had called his aunt, who happened to show up. She followed the SUV and alerted authorities, who stopped the vehicle.
The attack was over a girl, the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department said in a release. The three suspects reportedly gave differing, graphic accounts as to what they intended to do to the boy during the kidnapping, but they admitted to authorities that they didn’t believe he would survive the ordeal.
TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or Redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.