Pot Growing House Uncovered Near Manteca Elementary School
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MANTECA (CBS13) – Authorities have raided a suspected marijuana growing house that was just around the block from an elementary school.
Manteca Police say that the home, located along the 1800 block of Crom Street, was served a search warrant back on Tuesday. Once inside, officers found that the entire home had been redesigned to grow marijuana.
Over 300 marijuana plants were found, along with about a pound of pot processed and ready to be sold.
The home, which is less than 150 feet from Stella Brockman Elementary School, was also rewired to steal electricity. PG&E crews called out to the scene to turn off the power believe that about $20,000 in electricity had been stolen.
Thousands of dollars from drug sales were also found, police say.
Two San Jose men inside the home at the time of the raid were arrested. Trieu Vo, 27, and Vinny Tran, 38, now face charges ranging from cultivating marijuana for sale to theft of utilities.