Pot Growing House Uncovered Near Manteca Elementary School
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – Authorities have raided a suspected marijuana growing house that was just around the block from an elementary school.
Manteca Police say that the home, located along the 1800 block of Crom Street, was served a search warrant back on Tuesday. Once inside, officers found that the entire home had been redesigned to grow marijuana.
Over 300 marijuana plants were found, along with about a pound of pot processed and ready to be sold.
The home, which is less than 150 feet from Stella Brockman Elementary School, was also rewired to steal electricity. PG&E crews called out to the scene to turn off the power believe that about $20,000 in electricity had been stolen.
Thousands of dollars from drug sales were also found, police say.
Two San Jose men inside the home at the time of the raid were arrested. Trieu Vo, 27, and Vinny Tran, 38, now face charges ranging from cultivating marijuana for sale to theft of utilities.