Yolo County Inmate Found Hanging In Jail Cell
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department says a jail inmate has died after he was found hanging in his cell.
A sheriff’s captain said Thursday that 33-year-old Nitesh Raj Singh of West Sacramento was alone in his cell when a guard found him hanging from a light fixture Wednesday afternoon.
Singh was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He had been jailed since March 6 on suspicion of domestic violence.
The sheriff’s department said in an emailed statement that Singh had shown no signs of distress when a guard checked his cell less than 30 minutes earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.