Yolo County Inmate Found Hanging In Jail Cell
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department says a jail inmate has died after he was found hanging in his cell.
A sheriff’s captain said Thursday that 33-year-old Nitesh Raj Singh of West Sacramento was alone in his cell when a guard found him hanging from a light fixture Wednesday afternoon.
Singh was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He had been jailed since March 6 on suspicion of domestic violence.
The sheriff’s department said in an emailed statement that Singh had shown no signs of distress when a guard checked his cell less than 30 minutes earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.