Yolo County Inmate Found Hanging In Jail Cell
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department says a jail inmate has died after he was found hanging in his cell.
A sheriff’s captain said Thursday that 33-year-old Nitesh Raj Singh of West Sacramento was alone in his cell when a guard found him hanging from a light fixture Wednesday afternoon.
Singh was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He had been jailed since March 6 on suspicion of domestic violence.
The sheriff’s department said in an emailed statement that Singh had shown no signs of distress when a guard checked his cell less than 30 minutes earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.