Yolo County Inmate Found Hanging In Jail Cell
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department says a jail inmate has died after he was found hanging in his cell.
A sheriff’s captain said Thursday that 33-year-old Nitesh Raj Singh of West Sacramento was alone in his cell when a guard found him hanging from a light fixture Wednesday afternoon.
Singh was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He had been jailed since March 6 on suspicion of domestic violence.
The sheriff’s department said in an emailed statement that Singh had shown no signs of distress when a guard checked his cell less than 30 minutes earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.