Yolo County Inmate Found Hanging In Jail Cell
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department says a jail inmate has died after he was found hanging in his cell.
A sheriff’s captain said Thursday that 33-year-old Nitesh Raj Singh of West Sacramento was alone in his cell when a guard found him hanging from a light fixture Wednesday afternoon.
Singh was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
He had been jailed since March 6 on suspicion of domestic violence.
The sheriff’s department said in an emailed statement that Singh had shown no signs of distress when a guard checked his cell less than 30 minutes earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.