2 Arrested For Deadly Fairfield Street Race
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Police have arrested two men in connection an illegal street race that took the life of an innocent driver.
Lawan Lee Harper, 24, and Ansheel Anosh Kumar, 19, were arrested Thursday by the Fairfield Police Department. Investigators believe that the men were racing their cars between stoplights back on Feb. 25 just before 7 p.m. near Airbase Parkway and Walters Road.
Police say that Kumar’s Nissan 350Z t-boned 38-year-old Pittsburg resident Quincy Jones’ Cadillac during the alleged race. Haper and Kumar are believed to have been going nearly 100 mph during the race.
Jones died at the scene, while Kumar was injured and had to be taken to the hospital.
Police are thanking witnesses who came forward for the break in the investigation that led to the arrests of Kumar and Harper.
Haper and Kumar now face charges of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, engaging in an illegal street race and reckless driving.