150 Baby Chickens Die In Fire At Galt Feed Store
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
GALT (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire officials are investigating what sparked a fire at a feed store that killed 150 baby chickens.
The fire broke out a little after 8 p.m. at the 4th and A Street store, according to information from the Cosumnes Fire Department. Smoke was seen showing from the warehouse of the building.
Crews responding to the scene immediately attacked the fire and had it knocked down within 15 minutes.
No firefighters or civilians were hurt in the fire, but crews reported that up to 150 baby chickens being stored in the building have died.
Officials estimate that the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.
UPDATE: Sunday, authorities announced that they believe a heat lamp for the chickens caused of the fire.