150 Baby Chickens Die In Fire At Galt Feed Store
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
GALT (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire officials are investigating what sparked a fire at a feed store that killed 150 baby chickens.
The fire broke out a little after 8 p.m. at the 4th and A Street store, according to information from the Cosumnes Fire Department. Smoke was seen showing from the warehouse of the building.
Crews responding to the scene immediately attacked the fire and had it knocked down within 15 minutes.
No firefighters or civilians were hurt in the fire, but crews reported that up to 150 baby chickens being stored in the building have died.
Officials estimate that the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.
UPDATE: Sunday, authorities announced that they believe a heat lamp for the chickens caused of the fire.