150 Baby Chickens Die In Fire At Galt Feed Store

GALT (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire officials are investigating what sparked a fire at a feed store that killed 150 baby chickens.

The fire broke out a little after 8 p.m. at the 4th and A Street store, according to information from the Cosumnes Fire Department. Smoke was seen showing from the warehouse of the building.

Crews responding to the scene immediately attacked the fire and had it knocked down within 15 minutes.

No firefighters or civilians were hurt in the fire, but crews reported that up to 150 baby chickens being stored in the building have died.

Officials estimate that the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.

UPDATE: Sunday, authorities announced that they believe a heat lamp for the chickens caused of the fire.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Tickets to aftershock now on sale
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live