150 Baby Chickens Die In Fire At Galt Feed Store
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
GALT (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire officials are investigating what sparked a fire at a feed store that killed 150 baby chickens.
The fire broke out a little after 8 p.m. at the 4th and A Street store, according to information from the Cosumnes Fire Department. Smoke was seen showing from the warehouse of the building.
Crews responding to the scene immediately attacked the fire and had it knocked down within 15 minutes.
No firefighters or civilians were hurt in the fire, but crews reported that up to 150 baby chickens being stored in the building have died.
Officials estimate that the fire caused about $50,000 in damage.
UPDATE: Sunday, authorities announced that they believe a heat lamp for the chickens caused of the fire.