Driver Crashes Truck Into Fair Oaks Home, Dies
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A driver of a pickup truck that slammed into a Fair Oaks house died in the crash, California Highway Patrol says.
The incident happened just after 6:30 a.m. Sunday along the 5200 block of Illinois Avenue. Witnesses said that the driver of a white Toyota pickup was speeding when he blew through the intersection of Illinois and Phoenix Avenue and hit a sign, then a tree. The crash sent the truck out of control and into a nearby house.
The driver – only identified as a 35-year-old man – was wearing a seat belt, but the impact pinned him in the front seat. Fire crews cut him loose and he was taken to Mercy San Juan Medical Center, but the man was later pronounced dead.
Authorities are still investigating the incident and have not said if alcohol was a factor.
Illinois Avenue was closed for a time as the tree the driver hit came down, blocking the roadway.