Driver Crashes Truck Into Fair Oaks Home, Dies
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A driver of a pickup truck that slammed into a Fair Oaks house died in the crash, California Highway Patrol says.
The incident happened just after 6:30 a.m. Sunday along the 5200 block of Illinois Avenue. Witnesses said that the driver of a white Toyota pickup was speeding when he blew through the intersection of Illinois and Phoenix Avenue and hit a sign, then a tree. The crash sent the truck out of control and into a nearby house.
The driver – only identified as a 35-year-old man – was wearing a seat belt, but the impact pinned him in the front seat. Fire crews cut him loose and he was taken to Mercy San Juan Medical Center, but the man was later pronounced dead.
Authorities are still investigating the incident and have not said if alcohol was a factor.
Illinois Avenue was closed for a time as the tree the driver hit came down, blocking the roadway.