Driver Crashes Truck Into Fair Oaks Home, Dies
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A driver of a pickup truck that slammed into a Fair Oaks house died in the crash, California Highway Patrol says.
The incident happened just after 6:30 a.m. Sunday along the 5200 block of Illinois Avenue. Witnesses said that the driver of a white Toyota pickup was speeding when he blew through the intersection of Illinois and Phoenix Avenue and hit a sign, then a tree. The crash sent the truck out of control and into a nearby house.
The driver – only identified as a 35-year-old man – was wearing a seat belt, but the impact pinned him in the front seat. Fire crews cut him loose and he was taken to Mercy San Juan Medical Center, but the man was later pronounced dead.
Authorities are still investigating the incident and have not said if alcohol was a factor.
Illinois Avenue was closed for a time as the tree the driver hit came down, blocking the roadway.