Stockton Police Seeking Information On Shooting Death Of Woman
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – The Stockton Police Department is looking for more information after a woman was found shot to death Sunday morning.
Officers were called to the 2200 block of Marsh Street just before 7:30 a.m. on reports about a man carrying around a gun. At the scene, they found a man holding a rifle.
The man put down the rifle when ordered to by police and was soon arrested. However, a look inside his home uncovered a grim sight: a woman who looked to have been shot to death.
Early Sunday evening, Stockton Police announced that the man — identified as 44-year-old Robert Earl Thomas — had been arrested for the murder. Police say that the woman he allegedly murdered is his 50-year-old aunt. Some kind of argument preceded the shooting, police say.
Homicide detectives are actively investigating the incident and are asking anyone with more information to call them at (209) 937-8377.