Lockdown Lifted At Sacramento Schools; Report Of Armed Suspect Unfounded
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Leonardo Da Vinci K-8 School and Hollywood Park Elementary were put on lockdown Thursday afternoon due to a report of an armed suspect near campus, police say.
Michele Gigante with the Sacramento Police Department says that police found the report to be unfounded, but the lockdown remained in effect as police investigated further.
Third graders reportedly saw a suspect with a gun near campus, forcing the school to go on lockdown, police say.
“Any time that we have any information like this we take it seriously and it’s not a drill, we take it like it’s actually happening,” Gigante said.
The campus was searched and surveillance footage was reviewed before police were sure enough to give the all-clear. The school went on lockdown around 1:30 p.m. and the lockdown was lifted just before 2:30 p.m.