Lockdown Lifted At Sacramento Schools; Report Of Armed Suspect Unfounded
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Leonardo Da Vinci K-8 School and Hollywood Park Elementary were put on lockdown Thursday afternoon due to a report of an armed suspect near campus, police say.
Michele Gigante with the Sacramento Police Department says that police found the report to be unfounded, but the lockdown remained in effect as police investigated further.
Third graders reportedly saw a suspect with a gun near campus, forcing the school to go on lockdown, police say.
“Any time that we have any information like this we take it seriously and it’s not a drill, we take it like it’s actually happening,” Gigante said.
The campus was searched and surveillance footage was reviewed before police were sure enough to give the all-clear. The school went on lockdown around 1:30 p.m. and the lockdown was lifted just before 2:30 p.m.