Glenn County Tornado Rated An EF1
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
GLENN COUNTY (CBS13) – The National Weather Service has rated the tornado that touched down in Glenn County Wednesday as an EF1.
Further, NWS notes that there were multiple touchdowns of the tornado, which was active from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
The rating comes after a survey of the area where the tornado hit, with tornadoes given their Enhanced Fujita Scale rating based on how much damage they do.
Damage was found along County Road 39 between roads P and TT. Surveyors found significant damage to almond orchards – with about 60 almond trees uprooted – and outbuildings.
Winds of the tornado were estimated to be up to 100 mph.
Earlier Thursday, The NWS rated the tornado that tornado that hit a Roseville neighborhood as an EF0.