Glenn County Tornado Rated An EF1
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
GLENN COUNTY (CBS13) – The National Weather Service has rated the tornado that touched down in Glenn County Wednesday as an EF1.
Further, NWS notes that there were multiple touchdowns of the tornado, which was active from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
The rating comes after a survey of the area where the tornado hit, with tornadoes given their Enhanced Fujita Scale rating based on how much damage they do.
Damage was found along County Road 39 between roads P and TT. Surveyors found significant damage to almond orchards – with about 60 almond trees uprooted – and outbuildings.
Winds of the tornado were estimated to be up to 100 mph.
Earlier Thursday, The NWS rated the tornado that tornado that hit a Roseville neighborhood as an EF0.