Glenn County Tornado Rated An EF1
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
GLENN COUNTY (CBS13) – The National Weather Service has rated the tornado that touched down in Glenn County Wednesday as an EF1.
Further, NWS notes that there were multiple touchdowns of the tornado, which was active from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
The rating comes after a survey of the area where the tornado hit, with tornadoes given their Enhanced Fujita Scale rating based on how much damage they do.
Damage was found along County Road 39 between roads P and TT. Surveyors found significant damage to almond orchards – with about 60 almond trees uprooted – and outbuildings.
Winds of the tornado were estimated to be up to 100 mph.
Earlier Thursday, The NWS rated the tornado that tornado that hit a Roseville neighborhood as an EF0.