Man, 20, Arrested For Shooting Woman Near Downtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A young man is under arrest for the shooting of a woman in the Alkali Flats neighborhood of Sacramento Friday.
The Sacramento Police Department announced Saturday that Demetrius Martin, 20, was arrested in connection to the 400 block of 12th Street incident. Police showed up in the area just before 3 p.m. Friday and found that a woman had been shot in the leg.
The woman is expected to be OK, police say. Investigators believe that shooting stemmed from some kind of argument between two groups. Investigators believe that it was Martin who pulled out a gun and fired it as his group was leaving the area.
Officers eventually caught up to Martin along the 1200 block of Delta Street and arrested him. Investigators are still trying to identify the other people involved in the incident.
Martin was booked at Sacramento County Jail on assault with a deadly weapon charges and a probation violation.