Man, 20, Arrested For Shooting Woman Near Downtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A young man is under arrest for the shooting of a woman in the Alkali Flats neighborhood of Sacramento Friday.
The Sacramento Police Department announced Saturday that Demetrius Martin, 20, was arrested in connection to the 400 block of 12th Street incident. Police showed up in the area just before 3 p.m. Friday and found that a woman had been shot in the leg.
The woman is expected to be OK, police say. Investigators believe that shooting stemmed from some kind of argument between two groups. Investigators believe that it was Martin who pulled out a gun and fired it as his group was leaving the area.
Officers eventually caught up to Martin along the 1200 block of Delta Street and arrested him. Investigators are still trying to identify the other people involved in the incident.
Martin was booked at Sacramento County Jail on assault with a deadly weapon charges and a probation violation.