Tree Falls On Car, Killing Driver
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Authorities say that one person has died after a tree fell onto a car driving along Sunrise Boulevard late Saturday morning.
A Sacramento Metropolitan Fire official tells CBS13 that the car was driving down Sunrise when, a little after 11 a.m., it was hit by a falling tree or tree limb. The car then spun out and hit another car, rolling the second car over. The driver of the first car died from injuries sustained in the crash, Metro Fire says.
Sunday, authorities identified the person killed as 25-year-old Elverta resident Travis Chapman.
Bystanders jumped into action immediately after the collision. They were able to pull a woman out of the car, but Chapman died at the scene. Another person in the other car hit was taken to the hospital.
Sunrise Boulevard, from Locher Way to Sayonara Drive, was closed for most of Saturday evening due to the incident.
Heavy rain likely contributed to the accident, Metro Fire says. The tree was completely cut down by Sunday. The integrity of other trees nearby has been inspected, authorities tell CBS13.