Tree Falls On Car, Killing Driver
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Authorities say that one person has died after a tree fell onto a car driving along Sunrise Boulevard late Saturday morning.
A Sacramento Metropolitan Fire official tells CBS13 that the car was driving down Sunrise when, a little after 11 a.m., it was hit by a falling tree or tree limb. The car then spun out and hit another car, rolling the second car over. The driver of the first car died from injuries sustained in the crash, Metro Fire says.
Sunday, authorities identified the person killed as 25-year-old Elverta resident Travis Chapman.
Bystanders jumped into action immediately after the collision. They were able to pull a woman out of the car, but Chapman died at the scene. Another person in the other car hit was taken to the hospital.
Sunrise Boulevard, from Locher Way to Sayonara Drive, was closed for most of Saturday evening due to the incident.
Heavy rain likely contributed to the accident, Metro Fire says. The tree was completely cut down by Sunday. The integrity of other trees nearby has been inspected, authorities tell CBS13.