Neighbors Recount Pollock Pines House Explosion
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – Coming home after a night of confusion, people who live next door to a Pollock Pines home that exploded are getting a firsthand look at the damage.
The violent eruption quickly turned the house into walls of flames.
“The flames were huge. They were pretty up high so I was worried, too, that trees were going to catch on fire,” said Jose Estrada, who took cell phone video from his front porch after the blast.
The explosion was so big, debris from the home flew into Anna Hernandez’s house nearby – shattering her window.
“We were afraid of those propane tanks exploding, too,” Estrada said.
Crime tape still surrounds the now-gutted house.
Investigators say the man who lives here called 911, threatening to blow up his home on Pony Express Trail.
As police were arriving, they say they heard the explosion and then found the home engulfed in flames.
“They told us we had 2 minutes to evacuate, so that’s when I left,” Estrada said.
As fire crews worked to extinguish the flames before they spread, the man at the home was taken to the hospital for critical burn injuries.
“Thought maybe he had some mental problems or something,” another neighbor said.
Arson investigators are still determining how the fire started, as neighbors here are still baffled at why the man put himself, and so many others, in danger.
The man’s name has not been released. Right now it’s unclear if he will face any charges.