Police: Thieves Used Crying Woman As Bait
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a couple of thieves took advantage of a man’s empathy in a scary kidnapping and armed robbery early Sunday morning.
The incident started along El Dorado Street a little after 2:30 a.m. Stockton Police say that a 28-year-old man was driving up El Dorado when he stopped at the intersection of Miner Avenue, in front of the cinema.
In the area, the man reportedly saw a Hispanic woman in her 30s crying. The man asked if she was OK, but an Asian man armed with a handgun then appeared at the man’s passenger door and ordered him to let him inside.
It was then that the man realized that he had been taken advantage of, as both the woman and the man had handguns and ordered him to drive up I-5.
The ordeal came to an end at a hotel in north Stockton, where the woman demanded that the man give up his keys and his iPhone. He was then put in a bathroom until the suspects took off.
Luckily for the man, the suspects left his car – leaving him only without his phone and keys.