Health Coverage Sign-Up Deadline Extended 2 Weeks
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The initial enrollment period for getting subsidized health coverage may have passed, but California’s health insurance exchange is offering a two-week extension to accommodate the crush of last-minute applicants.
Covered California spokesman Dana Howard said Tuesday that consumers who were unable to create an account or start their application because of technical problems have until midnight on April 15 to finish their applications. They are being urged to contact service representatives, enrollment counselors or certified insurance agents for help.
The agency extended the deadline after its systems were overwhelmed by the number of people trying to sign up before Monday’s deadline.
It says that more than 1.2 million people had enrolled before the deadline and plans to provide an updated figure Thursday.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)