Group That Tried To Steal Kings Remains Focused On NBA
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SEATTLE (AP) — The investor who attempted to purchase the Sacramento Kings and move them to Seattle says his investment group is solely focused on pursuing the NBA and is not interested in owning an NHL franchise.
Chris Hansen told The Associated Press on Wednesday that no one in his ownership group has interest in being the majority owner of a hockey franchise even as rumors continue to circulate about the NHL having interest in Seattle as a possible market in the future.
Hansen says the focus of his group is getting all environmental reviews finished on their proposed arena so that if an NBA franchise becomes available via sale or expansion, Seattle can be at the front of the line ready to go.
Hansen says his investment group remains the same, including former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.