San Jose Couple Busted In Arizona With Pot In Rental Truck
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SELIGMAN, Ariz. (AP) – A California couple has been arrested in northern Arizona for allegedly transporting a marijuana growing operation in a rental truck.
Yavapai County Sheriff’s officials say 46-year-old Le Nguyen and his 42-year-old girlfriend Kathy Nguyen were taken into custody Tuesday.
They say the San Jose residents both are being held on suspicion of transportation and possession of marijuana for sale and marijuana production.
A sheriff’s deputy stopped the truck on Interstate 40 near Seligman for lane change violations.
A drug detection dog alerted the deputy and a search of the vehicle led to the discovery of 100 marijuana plants, more than eight pounds of packaged marijuana plus equipment used for growing the drug indoors.
Authorities say the equipment included commercial-grade light hoods, special grow lights, fans, insulation, trays and irrigation equipment.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.