Cooley Middle School Student Identified As Victim In Deadly Antelope Crash
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville middle school is in mourning following a deadly crash that took the life of a student and her father yesterday.
Jose Luis Barriga-Tovar, 35, and his daughter Anahi Tovar, 14, were driving down Antelope Road Wednesday morning when they hit by a stolen truck driven twin brothers Ruslan and Roman Glukhoy. Both Anahi and Jose were killed instantly, authorities say.
Anahi was an 8th grader at Cooley Middle School. Principal Karen Calkins noted that Anahi was well-liked and was looking forward to moving onto Roseville High School.
“We’re going to miss Anahi … It’s just a hole in our school,” Calkins said.
Calkins visited Anahi’s family Wednesday night and noted that, while they were in mourning, the family found peace in the love that the community has shown towards Anahi.
The family is planning a vigil Friday evening, but they aren’t sure if it will be at the school or another venue.
Ruslan and Roman Glukhoy face double murder charges for the fatal crash.