Cooley Middle School Student Identified As Victim In Deadly Antelope Crash
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville middle school is in mourning following a deadly crash that took the life of a student and her father yesterday.
Jose Luis Barriga-Tovar, 35, and his daughter Anahi Tovar, 14, were driving down Antelope Road Wednesday morning when they hit by a stolen truck driven twin brothers Ruslan and Roman Glukhoy. Both Anahi and Jose were killed instantly, authorities say.
Anahi was an 8th grader at Cooley Middle School. Principal Karen Calkins noted that Anahi was well-liked and was looking forward to moving onto Roseville High School.
“We’re going to miss Anahi … It’s just a hole in our school,” Calkins said.
Calkins visited Anahi’s family Wednesday night and noted that, while they were in mourning, the family found peace in the love that the community has shown towards Anahi.
The family is planning a vigil Friday evening, but they aren’t sure if it will be at the school or another venue.
Ruslan and Roman Glukhoy face double murder charges for the fatal crash.