Driver Killed In Crash On Elk Grove Boulevard
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A driver was killed instantly after crashing off of Elk Grove Boulevard late Wednesday night, police say.
The crash happened along Elk Grove Boulevard, near Waterfowl Drive, around 11:30 p.m.
Elk Grove Police tell CBS13 that the car looks to have been speeding when it hit a set of trees just around a bend in the roadway. It is unclear if the driver lost control or just took his eyes off the wheel.
The car burst into flames immediately after the crash, killing the driver instantly, police say.
Westbound Elk Grove Boulevard near Waterfowl Drive has been closed for most of the early morning hours Thursday as authorities investigate and crews clean up oil spilled on the roadway from the crash.