Driver Killed In Crash On Elk Grove Boulevard
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A driver was killed instantly after crashing off of Elk Grove Boulevard late Wednesday night, police say.
The crash happened along Elk Grove Boulevard, near Waterfowl Drive, around 11:30 p.m.
Elk Grove Police tell CBS13 that the car looks to have been speeding when it hit a set of trees just around a bend in the roadway. It is unclear if the driver lost control or just took his eyes off the wheel.
The car burst into flames immediately after the crash, killing the driver instantly, police say.
Westbound Elk Grove Boulevard near Waterfowl Drive has been closed for most of the early morning hours Thursday as authorities investigate and crews clean up oil spilled on the roadway from the crash.