Driver Killed In Crash On Elk Grove Boulevard
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A driver was killed instantly after crashing off of Elk Grove Boulevard late Wednesday night, police say.
The crash happened along Elk Grove Boulevard, near Waterfowl Drive, around 11:30 p.m.
Elk Grove Police tell CBS13 that the car looks to have been speeding when it hit a set of trees just around a bend in the roadway. It is unclear if the driver lost control or just took his eyes off the wheel.
The car burst into flames immediately after the crash, killing the driver instantly, police say.
Westbound Elk Grove Boulevard near Waterfowl Drive has been closed for most of the early morning hours Thursday as authorities investigate and crews clean up oil spilled on the roadway from the crash.