Driver Killed In Crash On Elk Grove Boulevard
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A driver was killed instantly after crashing off of Elk Grove Boulevard late Wednesday night, police say.
The crash happened along Elk Grove Boulevard, near Waterfowl Drive, around 11:30 p.m.
Elk Grove Police tell CBS13 that the car looks to have been speeding when it hit a set of trees just around a bend in the roadway. It is unclear if the driver lost control or just took his eyes off the wheel.
The car burst into flames immediately after the crash, killing the driver instantly, police say.
Westbound Elk Grove Boulevard near Waterfowl Drive has been closed for most of the early morning hours Thursday as authorities investigate and crews clean up oil spilled on the roadway from the crash.