UC Student Workers Protesting Alleged Intimidation
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Student workers at UC Davis were on the picket line Thursday as they protest alleged intimidation and unfair treatment by the University of California.
“We’re the main frontline educators here at the UC and we’ve been experiencing a pattern of intimidation from UC management,” protester Caroline McKusick said.
The protests started at UC campuses on Wednesday and will end Thursday. Student workers part of the UC Student-Worker Union UAW 2865 allege that the university has been threatening members with losing their jobs if they protest.
About 13,000 student workers are members of UAW 2865.
Wednesday’s strike at UC Santa Cruz saw 20 picketers arrested for blocking traffic.
Protesters at Davis’ event noted that they have received a lot of support from faculty members, including some who have canceled their classes for the day.