Big Wake Weekend Promoter Arrested On Fraud Charges
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – The promoter of last year’s Big Wake Weekend at Folsom Lake has been arrested on fraud charges, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
Robert Richard, Jr., 54, was arrested back on Tuesday afternoon after detectives served a search warrant at his Folsom home.
Detectives believe that Richards defrauded numerous vendors from last year’s Big Wake Weekend event. One man, detectives noted, was owed nearly $200,000 by Richards and was paid in checks that eventually bounced.
Richard was booked at Placer County Jail but has since bailed out.
Big Wake Weekend’s 2014 event is scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 1 at Camp Far West Lake in Lincoln.