Big Wake Weekend Promoter Arrested On Fraud Charges
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – The promoter of last year’s Big Wake Weekend at Folsom Lake has been arrested on fraud charges, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
Robert Richard, Jr., 54, was arrested back on Tuesday afternoon after detectives served a search warrant at his Folsom home.
Detectives believe that Richards defrauded numerous vendors from last year’s Big Wake Weekend event. One man, detectives noted, was owed nearly $200,000 by Richards and was paid in checks that eventually bounced.
Richard was booked at Placer County Jail but has since bailed out.
Big Wake Weekend’s 2014 event is scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 1 at Camp Far West Lake in Lincoln.