Big Wake Weekend Promoter Arrested On Fraud Charges
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – The promoter of last year’s Big Wake Weekend at Folsom Lake has been arrested on fraud charges, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
Robert Richard, Jr., 54, was arrested back on Tuesday afternoon after detectives served a search warrant at his Folsom home.
Detectives believe that Richards defrauded numerous vendors from last year’s Big Wake Weekend event. One man, detectives noted, was owed nearly $200,000 by Richards and was paid in checks that eventually bounced.
Richard was booked at Placer County Jail but has since bailed out.
Big Wake Weekend’s 2014 event is scheduled to take place from May 30 to June 1 at Camp Far West Lake in Lincoln.