Man, 67, Dies After Accident At Northstar Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 67-year-old man skiing up at Northstar Ski Resort died after an accident, Placer County Sheriff’s officials say.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Dena Erwin from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. Both North Tahoe Fire personnel and Placer County deputies were called to the resort after a reported traumatic ski accident.
Fire crews found 67-year-old Van Nuys resident Marc L. Coleman had been critically injured. Coleman was soon pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what kind of accident Coleman was involved in.
Investigators believe that Coleman died in an apparent accidental ski death. An autopsy is pending.
Coleman was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, officials say.