Man, 67, Dies After Accident At Northstar Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 67-year-old man skiing up at Northstar Ski Resort died after an accident, Placer County Sheriff’s officials say.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Dena Erwin from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. Both North Tahoe Fire personnel and Placer County deputies were called to the resort after a reported traumatic ski accident.
Fire crews found 67-year-old Van Nuys resident Marc L. Coleman had been critically injured. Coleman was soon pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what kind of accident Coleman was involved in.
Investigators believe that Coleman died in an apparent accidental ski death. An autopsy is pending.
Coleman was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, officials say.