Man, 67, Dies After Accident At Northstar Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 67-year-old man skiing up at Northstar Ski Resort died after an accident, Placer County Sheriff’s officials say.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Dena Erwin from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. Both North Tahoe Fire personnel and Placer County deputies were called to the resort after a reported traumatic ski accident.
Fire crews found 67-year-old Van Nuys resident Marc L. Coleman had been critically injured. Coleman was soon pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what kind of accident Coleman was involved in.
Investigators believe that Coleman died in an apparent accidental ski death. An autopsy is pending.
Coleman was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, officials say.