Man, 67, Dies After Accident At Northstar Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 67-year-old man skiing up at Northstar Ski Resort died after an accident, Placer County Sheriff’s officials say.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Dena Erwin from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. Both North Tahoe Fire personnel and Placer County deputies were called to the resort after a reported traumatic ski accident.
Fire crews found 67-year-old Van Nuys resident Marc L. Coleman had been critically injured. Coleman was soon pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what kind of accident Coleman was involved in.
Investigators believe that Coleman died in an apparent accidental ski death. An autopsy is pending.
Coleman was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, officials say.