Man, 67, Dies After Accident At Northstar Ski Resort
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 67-year-old man skiing up at Northstar Ski Resort died after an accident, Placer County Sheriff’s officials say.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Dena Erwin from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. Both North Tahoe Fire personnel and Placer County deputies were called to the resort after a reported traumatic ski accident.
Fire crews found 67-year-old Van Nuys resident Marc L. Coleman had been critically injured. Coleman was soon pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear what kind of accident Coleman was involved in.
Investigators believe that Coleman died in an apparent accidental ski death. An autopsy is pending.
Coleman was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, officials say.