2nd Teen Dies, 3 More Fight For Life Following Vacaville Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – A second teen has died after a crash along Pleasants Valley Road Saturday evening.
California Highway Patrol says that a 16-year-old died during surgery. A 19-year-old man, the driver of the pickup truck that crashed, died at the scene Saturday night. In total, five teens were ejected from the truck following a rollover crash.
Friends and family of the teens gathered at the crash site Sunday. A cross with the message “R.I.P. Gilbert” has been set up at the scene.
While authorities haven’t officially identified any of the teens involved in the crash, a GoFundMe.com page has been set up to help pay for the funeral costs of Gilbert Guzman. A funeral service is also planned later in the week for close family and friends of Gilbert.
The teens were reportedly on their way back from a trip to Lake Berryessa.
Witnesses told CHP that the truck was speeding before it flipped over. All five teens weren’t wearing seatbelts, CHP says, and bottles of alcohol were found inside the truck.
The three teens still in the hospital all have critical injuries, including major head and internal trauma. They range in age from 16-18.